My hat goes off to Shane Smith of HillJack Catfishing, not only has he been serving our country overseas, somewhere between thinking of his wife and children and everything he had to get home to, he managed to put together another year of competitive catfishing and has included an entirely new kayak division. Now everyone who likes to fish from giant tupperware and has an itch for competition can take part. He has also acquired a giant sponsor The Outside World Outfitters out of Columbus Ga. The winner of the points division will be the winner of a Jackson Cuda 14. That's a big water boat more than capable of landing some huge cats.
2013 RULES (KAYAK DIVISION)
BY-LAWS AND TOURNAMENT RULES:
1. ENTRY FEE IS: $25 per Kayak **(Paddle boats with the capacity to carry 2 fishermen will pay a $10 additional angler charge which will be applied to the total purse prize)
- $5 will go Big Fish pot
- $15 will be put towards total purse
- $5 of each entry will be withheld to cover MEGA purse and Admin fees
2. Payouts are based on number of teams fishing.
1-20 boats we will pay the top 3 teams
We will add one paying place for every 5 boats after 20
20-24 boats we will pay the top 4 teams
25-29 boats will pay the top 5 teams
This will continue infinitely.
Big Fish payouts will remain the same.
3. **POINTS: Points will be awarded as follows.
a. 100 Point system will be used for all events. Points will be awarded in descending order based on order of finish.
EXAMPLE: 1st Place team will receive 100 points. 2nd Place team will receive 99 points. 3rd Place team will receive 98 points. This will continue thru all teams that weigh in fish during the tournament. Paying teams that do not weigh fish will receive equal points; 2 points less than the team with the lowest weight
c. Bonus points will be awarded for the following:
- Finishing in the money: If 5 boats are being paid, then 1st place will receive 5 bonus points and continue in descending order. 5th place would receive 1 bonus point.
- Big Fish at each event will receive 5 bonus points.
4. Points Champion will be determined after the final qualifying event. Mega is NOT included in the points race.
5. **Teams best 6 points events will count towards the championship, however, Teams that fish all 9 events will receive 10 bonus points.
6. MEGA: There are 3 ways to qualify for the Mega event
a. Finish in the top 10 in the points championship
b. Compete in 6 of the 9 Qualifying events
** Points Champion will receive free entry into the Mega event.
** 2nd Place points will fish Mega by paying 1/2 entry fee.
** MEGA entry fee for Kayak Division will be $50.
7. Competitors must sign annual waiver/rules agreement upon joining the club. This agreement will remain valid thru all future events.
8. Competitors MUST assist in running/administering 2 events throughout the season to be eligible for Points Championship. Members who fail to assist will be deducted 20 points.
9. Teams will consist of 1 to 2 persons based on the capacity of the "Paddle Boat". (Keep in mind that a 2-person team will pay $35 to fish and must weigh their fish as 1 team). **2 TOTAL Rod limit will apply. Team members will ensure that they are in compliance with state fishing and boating regulations, including the use of PFD’s. Fishing and boating licenses are the responsibility for the team members.
10. Team members must be designated upon completing membership agreement. There will be no combining of points by members of separate fishing teams. Members can be substituted but points from other teams will not transfer.
11. ALL team members must be in one boat. Team members can only get on bank to weigh fish and take pictures of fish.** No fishing rods can be in the water while team member is on the bank. No team member will be authorized to leave the boat to fish from the bank. BOATS MUST LAUNCH AT THE DESIGNATED SITE, no trailering will be authorized. Boats must load at the designated site as well.
12. Kayak teams will launch 15 minutes after boat teams have departed (safety precaution) and will have an additional 15 minutes to submit their "weigh in chip" to the weigh master.
13. No fishing will be permitted within 50 feet of another boat that is anchored (participants or otherwise). All fishing holes are first come first serve!
14. All competitor boats are subject to inspection prior to start of event and upon completion of event.
15. ALL RAMP FEES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARTICIPANT.
16. Sign up for the event will begin 1 hour prior to the posted event start time. All persons participating in the event must complete registration and sign the release prior to the event starting. Start times can be adjusted to allow for registration or inclimate weather. REGISTRATION WILL END 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO TAKE OFF, UNLESS YOU HAVE CONTACTED ME BY PHONE
17. FISH MUST BE CAUGHT LEGALLY USING A ROD AND REEL! NO TROT LINES, JUG LINES, LIMB LINES, DROP LINES, OR OTHER ALTERNATE METHOD WILL BE USED.
18. Chumming is not authorized.
19. No fishing on the event body of water 12 hours prior to the event start time. Violators will be disqualified.
20. Any legal bait may be used.
21. **2 Rod Limit for Kayak (Paddle Boat) Teams (regardless of number of people in boat)
22. Kayak Weigh in:
a. Kayak teams will be issued a control item at the time of registration.
b. Kayak teams must present a camera memory card at registration; memory card must be BLANK. Any photos on card will be deleted prior to tournament start. Card will be marked by tournament officials.
c. Kayak teams must present working digital scale at registration. Scale operation will be verified by tournament officials.
d. Kayak teams will submit 2 photos of up to two (2) fish at weigh in.
- 1 photo must show control item and the entire fish being submitted
- 1 photo must show control item/Digital Scale reading/at least half of the fish
23. **Each Team will be issued a “Weigh In Chip” upon registration. Teams Weigh in Chip must be turned into the designated weigh master (collection bowl) prior to the official tournament end time. Failure to turn in Weigh Chip will result in disqualification.
24. All pictures of fish weighed in become the property of the tournament. No exceptions.
25. There will be no early weigh in.
26. In the event of a tie for weight (total weight), the team with the biggest fish will be declared the winner. If there is a tie for Big Fish, then the winner will be decided by a coin toss.
27. No alcohol will be consumed during the event or while conducting the weigh in.
28. The use of mobile communications devices such as cell phones or marine radios to communicate fishing information is not authorized.
29. Any protest must be made in writing to the tournament director within 30 minutes of the final weigh in. Protest must state which rule was broken and provide evidence of such. The tournament director’s ruling will be final.
30. HillJack Catfishing reserves the right to use all audio statements, images or videos obtained during scheduled events for the promotion of the trail through any and all media outlets you deem necessary.
31.HillJack Catfishing reserves the right to modify these rules as necessary in order accommodate those with disabilities or special needs.
32. All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation and to conduct themselves in a manner that will be a credit to themselves, the sport of fishing and the efforts of HillJack Catfishing to promote the sport. Any persons or team that Cheats, Disrespects other members of the event, or demonstrate excessive poor sportsmanship will be banned from future events and will forfeit all fees associated with the event.